Alfacon Solutions Defines Adaptive Conveying
The MHI Conveyor & Sortation Systems (CSS) Industry Groups’ newest member is Alfacon Solutions, a company which has pioneered custom solutions in the space for more than 30 years. The Conveyor & Sortation Systems members are the Industry’s leading providers of conveyors and sortation systems. They design, fabricate and install conveyor and sortation systems worldwide and in virtually every major manufacturing and distribution sector. CSS prepares and distributes educational and promotional materials regarding the proper application and benefits of conveyor and sortation system solutions.
The mission of CSS is to promote the market growth and effective use of conveyor and sortation systems in manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, and other key markets.
The vision of CSS is to be the recognized independent authority for end users and suppliers on market trends, technology developments, and applications through:
- Education the market on key features, advantages, and benefits of conveyor and sortation systems
- Identifying key issues affecting our marketplace through user outreach
- Development and distribution of educational materials
- Collaboration of manufacturers and technology providers on trends affecting the industry
- Promotion of career opportunities within the CSS industry
Conveyor & Sortation Systems members meet regularly to discuss the industry and promote the best and largest possible market for conveyors and sortation systems, consistent with the best interest of the user. CSS pursues this mission through planned programs and internal committees by:
- Working closely with user groups to communicate needs, benefits, and applications.
- Acting as a catalyst and liaison between different related product groups or associations.
- Maintaining a membership representative of the industry.
- Promoting the general welfare of the industry.
- Providing a market driven forum for material flow solutions.
- Collecting, compiling, disseminating, and exchanging information and statistics which may be helpful to the membership.
- Preparing and distributing educational materials for both academic classroom environments and in continuing education.
Alfacon has taken a leadership role in defining adaptive conveying
Recognizing that one conveyor solution will not work for everyone, the company coined the phrase, adaptive conveying. The hallmarks of adaptive conveying include versatility.
Versatility of Adaptive Conveying
These adaptive conveying solutions must have the ability to handle a large range of products, the ability to easily operate on different input voltages, and possess the ability for an AGV (Automated Guided Vehicle) to change conveying appliances on the fly to accomplish different tasks.
Reconfigurability of Adaptive Conveying
Adaptive conveying must be reconfigurable with the ability to adjust (on the fly) heights as well as line reconfiguration. Due to different models, especially those required in e-commerce, 3PLs (Third Party Logistics), DCs (Distribution Centers), and warehouses, adaptive conveying must include line repurposing. You could get helpful information regarding third-party logistics on sites like https://yourlogisticscorp.com/3pl/.
IIoT, Industry 4.0, and Smart Integration Central to Adaptive Conveying
A conversation about adaptive conveying must include IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things). With millions of sensors on every plant floor the ability for conveying solutions to utilize Industry 4.0 big data is the capacity for smart, integrated, programmable, and connected solutions. These data make the technology self-aware, self-adjusting, and fully integrated with AGV’s and external systems.